European MBA programs are typically 1 year program, whereas American MBA degree is 2 years.
In recent years, American B-Schools are experimenting 1 year programs to compete with their European Counterparts.
In the recent interview with Wall Street Journal, Frank Brown, Dean of INSEAD talks about Advantages of Accelerated MBA programs in Europe.
1 Year MBA Programs
- Saves Money
- Less Time out of job market
- Intensity of the Program (10 months), 6 days a week in school
- Accelerated – US Schools Experimenting with shorter programs
- 90% International Students are high % in Europe Schools.
- Move between campus and spend 2 months in Wharton (with INSEAD MBA program).