Here are some pics from our trip to Alaska few years back (2007) for our honeymoon. It’s one of the most expensive trip, but MOST memorable of so many places and countries we have visited so far.
We spent about $5000 for this week long trip to Alaska. Spent 2 days in Seattle and 5 Days in Alaska.
There are several places to visit in America. I have been to close to 40 States.
Do you think photos from my trips should be shared in the blog?
Here is a Short Trip Report from our week long trip to Alaska and Seattle.
Day 1 – Anchorage to Denali National Park
- Alaska National Heritage Museum (about 3 Hours with Lunch)
- 3 Hours Drive from Anchorage to Talkeetna
- Spent 3 Hours in Talkeetna ( Cute, Small Little Town)
- 3 Hours Drive to Denali National Park
Day 2 – Denali National Park
- 11 Hours Shuttle Trip inside Wild Denali National Park
Rested in the boxy, cozy hotel room in the town of Denali
Day 3 – Denali National Park to Anchorage
- Spent Entire Day driving back from Denali National Park to Anchorage
- Spend 2 Hours in Independence State Mine
- Had an Adventurous Road Trip in Wilderness ( No cell phone coverage, dark, gravel road with no human beings in the surroundings)
- Returned to Bed and Breakfast around 11 PM and sun was still there)
Day 4 – Anchorage to Whiter
- Beautiful scenic drive
- We stopped at Prince William Sound
- Took a Day Cruise in the Sound
- Then drove to Whiter
- Then climbed to Exit Glacier to touch the glacier ice with our hands
Day 5 – Day Cruise
- Another day in cruise
- Saw several high raise fjords and glaciers
- Alaska Sea Life Museum
Day 6 – Back to Anchorage and Seattle
- Drove back to Anchorage
- Finally ate a good meal in Indian Resturant
- Flight back to Seattle.
This was our first major trip after Marriage and since then we have been to so many trips.