It’s time to review the Best GRE Test Prep books for 2013.
I reviewed some of the latest Revised GRE Test Prep books published recently. Several new GRE prep books have been published (Paperback and Kindle) in recent month. Some GRE test prep books have been updated to latest edition. I have done the work for you, so you don’t have to spend time reading Best books for GRE Prep books in 2013.
Overall, Best GRE test prep books 2013 lineup haven’t changed much compared to last year.
Best GRE Test Prep Books 2013
- Official Guide to the GRE Revised General Test from ETS (Must Have)
- Manhattan GRE Prep Books – Set of 8 books. (Must Have)
- Grubers New GRE Guide
- Kaplan – New GRE : Strategies, Practice, and Review
- Cracking the New GRE with DVD
If you buy Manhattan GRE Prep Books (all 8), you wouldn’t be required to buy books specific for Quantitative and Verbal strategies.
Best GRE Books – Quantitative
Best GRE Books – Verbal
- GRE Vocab Capacity Over 800 Powerful Memory Tricks and Mnemonics (New book added for 2013)
- Manhattan GRE Flash Cards– 500 Essential Words
- Barrons Essential Words for the GRE
- Manhattan GRE Prep Books (Verbal GRE Guide)
How to Buy Best GRE Prep Books?
I suggest two step process to be buy the Best GRE Test prep books 2013
- Step 1 – Decide your weak area within GRE Test
- Step 2 – How many books can you afford?
- Step 2 – Buy the Best GRE prep Books 2013
To determine your weak area in GRE, I recommend to take a GRE practice test, identify the section you need to improve.
Example – If you consistently struggle with Reading Comprehension section, then buy GRE prep books that contains strategies and practice tests for Reading Comprehension. (Manhattan GRE book has good RC Guide).
Another factor to consider is the Time – amount of GRE Test prep time you have. It may not be possible to buy 5 GRE test prep books, if you have only couple of weeks.
How Many GRE Prep Books to Buy?
- Official GRE Guide – 1 Book
- General GRE Test Prep Strategies – 1 Book
- GRE Verbal – One or More
- GRE Quantitative – One or More
So, your first GRE test prep book should be Official Guide to the GRE Revised General Test from ETS