Fall 2011 Graduate School Admission procedure and the timeline – Shared by Kaustubh
GRE and Fall 2011 Admission
Just wanted to share my whole time line, thought somebody would have some idea that how to prepare…
I personally hastened through out the process because I was also studying at the time and still I am. May be you would like to pre-plan to avoid such a mess.
When I was a kid from that time I was certain that I am a technology guy and I am not going to be in any other field. Till my 12th standard i was only knowing that I would be a engineer but wasn’t sure about the MS or the thing.
Then in the December of my 3rd Year my uncle (Cousin) from Los Angeles landed in India. At that time I was preparing for CAT. Then after I had a chat with him. Then he told me the whole process he got through as he is also a mechanical engineer (with MS in Industrial Engineering in 1981). Of course I had known that he has a MS but was not in a great tough with him though. Then I started having a serious thought of going for MS.
I decided in May 2010 to appear for GRE
- June 2010: Started to apply for Passport, had some issues so took time for the process
- July 2010: Applied for the Passport
- End of July: Started studying for GRE
- October 13th 2010: Appeared for GRE; Scored 1260 (Q-760, V-500)
- October 31th 2010: Appeared for TOEFL
- November 7th (After Diwali): Appeared for the Orals of 4th Year
- November 13th (approx): Started the Documentation for Application
- December 2nd: Started studying for the 7th semester exams Which ended on
- 24th of December: Resumed application process
- 7th January: All application with documents Completed
And a big Sigh of relief….hushhhh 😮
Now have an Admits from:
- University of Texas – Arlington
- Oklahoma State University – Stillwater
- University of Oklahoma – Norman