This is the main article for H1B Visa 2015.
Following the links below for related articles in this series
- H1B Visa 2015 Daily Updates (from April 1, 2014)
- [Video] What Happens Next After H1B Visa Lottery?
- USCIS Received 172,500 H-1B Visa Applications
- H1B 2015 Cap Reached
- H1B Visa 2015 Predictions
- H1B Visa 2015 Cap Count – Predit and Win
USCIS will start accepting H1B Visa 2015 applications from April of 2014, provided there is no change with a possible new immigration bill in USA.
In this blog post you find answers to the following questions about H1B Visa 2015 (FY 2014)
- Proposed H1b Visa changes in Comprehensive Immigration Reform
- When does H1B Visa Cap open?
- Overview of of H1B Visa Application Process
- Available H1B Visa FY 2015 Cap Count
- Approval and processing time
- Previous year H1B Visa statistics
When does H1B Visa Cap open?
Only employers can apply for your H1B visa application. H1B Visa FY 2015 Filing Date will be April 1, 2014. It’s too early to say what could happen with H1B Visa law changes, if the new immigration reform bill passes in the USA.
H1B Start Date
What is the H1B Visa 2015 start date?
USCIS will start accepting applications from April 1, 2014.
After H1B approval, the H1B start date will be from October 1, 2014 or later.
An above picture should give an overview about H1B Application to Approval Process.
- Department of Labor for getting LCA approval.
- Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- Department of State (for issuing visa)
During H1B approval process, your H1B Visa 2015 application will be handled by two departments
- Department of Labor
H1B Application Processing Time
Following is what it would typically take for an Immigration attorney to file and prepare your H1B Visa 2015 application.
- Day 1 to 5: Start the H-1B Visa Process – Collect documents and prepare LCA application.
- Day 6 to 7 – File LCA (Takes About 7 days for approval)
- Day 8 to 13: Preparing the H1B applications while the LCA is Pending
- Day 13 to 15: File H1B Application based on LCA approval date.
The above steps will vary between attorneys, but you get an idea about how the entire process takes place.
Total H1B Cap
H1B Visa can be applied under 3 different Cap – General, Advanced and Cap-Exempt.
- 65,000 – General H1B Cap (or Regular Cap)
- 1,400 H1B1 visa numbers are available for Chileans
- 5,400 are set aside for Singapore nationals.
- 20,000 – Advanced Degree Cap (Masters and above degree from USA)
- No Quota – Cap-Exempt Companies (Non-Profit Research Companies)
H1B Visa 2015 Predictions
Here’s official Happy Schools Blog’s H1B Visa 2015 Predictions for this year’s cap season.
Watch the following video to learn about H1B Visa lottery selection process used by USCIS
H1B Visa – Approval Times
How long would it take for USCIS to approve the H1B Visa application?
Processing time for H-1B Visa application FY 2015 depends on type of processing.
- Regular Processing
- Premium Processing
When additional $1225 is paid, USCIS will expedite the H1b Visa approval process. It’s usually 15 days from the H1B application receipt date.
Regular H1B Visa processing can take 2 to 4 months. For this year (2013) receipt number will be issued till early June for applications filed in April, 2013. So, it depends on the volume of H1B applications.
H1B Visa Application : After Approval
After USCIS approves the H1B Visa petition, your employer will receive the I-797 Approval Notice with Start and Expiry Date of your H1B petition.
Typically, for applications submitted to USCIS on April 1, 2013, start date of H1B will be from October 1, 2013.
The maximum period for which H1B application can be approved – 3 Years.
USCIS has approved an application for just one year.
How to File H1B Visa 2015 application?
Who can file H1B Visa application? Can I self-file H1B Visa application to work in USA?
H1B visa must be sponsored by an employer who offered the job. It’s not possible to self-file H1B Visa application.
If you want to work on USA, then H1B Visa 2014 should be sponsored by an employer.
Questions About H1B Visa 2015?
Do you have any questions about applying for H1B Visa process, updates, applications, OPT, etc?
Post your questions below in the comments section.