Update 2013: There is a long delay in the processing of H-1B visa applications this time. I know a few who got RFEs in October for applications filed in April in regular processing. It’s easier to update to premium processing then to wait (if possible).
June 2 was the deadline set by the USCIS to send all the receipt numbers to H-1B visa applications selected in the lottery.
It was D-Day for many H-1B visa applicants who are still waiting to hear about their H-1B visa lottery results.
But so many comments in the articles in this blog say different stories.
- Majority of the applications filed under premium processing heard about their results
- H-1B visa applications submitted in regular processing results are not 100% available
- Some of the checks have been cleared, indicates their H-1B applications have been selected in the lottery
- But those whose checks have been encashed by USCIS are yet to get their receipt numbers
- No one has received any rejection notice so far.
From above views, I certainly feel the USCIS has not yet completed processing all applications selected under the lottery.
If the USCIS was able to process all the applications that were selected in the H-1B visa lottery, then those applications should have received their receipt numbers by now.
So we just have to wait for 2-3 more weeks to know what’s the status of the H-1B lottery results.