Nirja was studying 11th grade in Nepal. Then her family immigrated to the USA. She had to move to USA in the month of February (in the middle of High School year). Typically, high school in the USA starts in the month of August. So, she was asked to attend 10th Grade (not 11th) for few months to get a feel for US Class Room settings and environment. It wasn’t easy for her, but she found a way to deal with the Cultural Shock.
Now, she’s a studying Bachelors Degree at University of Texas at San Antonio. I interviewed her to talk about her journey from Nepal to 11th grade to Junior in UTSA.
Watch the Video Interview with Nirja
Video Interview Notes
Here’s a quick overview of various topics we covered in this interview:
- Transition from Nepal to USA
- Dealing with Cultural Shock
- Life of High School Student
- Gap Year in High School
- How she selected her Career Path to become a Dentist
- List of Universities Applied for Bachelors Degree admission
- Campus life in University of Texas at San Antonio
- AP Courses, Major, Minors and College Credits
- How to complete Bachelors Degree in 3.5 years
- How to Switch Majors in the middle of your Bachelors Degree
Interested in Applying for University of Texas at San Antonio? Check this video interview with Admission Director Jessica to Learn About Admission Requirements at University of Texas at San Antonio (Clue – Apply for Admission with SAT or ACT Scores for Bachelors Degree Admission).