If you are planning to get admission into Top Business School, you have get started early with your planning and preparation. You cannot plan to take GMAT in Jan, Feb to apply for Fall semester of that year. You would have to plan well few years in advance about your admission and strategy for Top Business Schools. Business schools have published admission essay topics for 2010-2011
Duke – Fuqua Schools of Business
Three essay questions must be completed before submitting your application. Prepare your essays carefully. The Admissions Committee considers your responses to the following questions important in the selection process. Please respond fully and concisely using 1.5 line spacing. Your response to each question should be no more than 2 pages in length, with a font size no less than 10-point.
- Describe your vision for your career and your inspiration for pursuing this career path.
- How will your background, values, and non-work activities enhance the experience of other Duke MBA students and add value to Fuqua’s diverse culture?
- Why Duke? (If you are interested in a specific concentration, joint degree, clubs or activities, please discuss how you would contribute to these in this essay.)
- Optional – If you feel there are extenuating circumstances of which the Admissions Committee should be aware, please explain them here (e.g., unexplained gaps in work, choice of recommenders, inconsistent or questionable academic performance, significant weakness in your application).
Harvard Business School Essay Topics
Question 1 (600 words): What are your three most substantial accomplishments and why do you view them as such?
Question 2 (400 words): What have you learned from a mistake?
Please respond to two of the following (400 words):
- What would you like the MBA Admissions Board to know about your undergraduate academic experience?
- What is your career vision and why is this choice meaningful to you?
- Tell us about a time in your professional experience when you were frustrated or disappointed.
- When you join the HBS Class of 2013, how will you introduce yourself to your new classmates?
Columbia Business School Essay Topic
- Essay 1: What are your short-term and long-term post-MBA goals? How will Columbia Business School help you achieve these goals? (Recommended 750 word limit)
- Essay 2: Please tell us about yourself and your personal interests. The goal of this essay is to get a sense of who you are, rather than what you have achieved professionally. (Recommended 500 word limit)
Please answer each of the four questions below with a short paragraph of no more than 150 words. This is an opportunity to distill your core ideas, values, goals and motivations into a set of snapshots that help tell us who you are, where you are headed, and why. (150 words maximum per question)
- What are your professional goals immediately after you receive your MBA?
- What are your long-term career aspirations?
- Why are you choosing to pursue an MBA and why now? (If you plan to use your MBA experience to make a significant change in the field or nature of your career, please tell us what you have done to prepare for this transition.)
- What attracts you specifically to the Yale School of Management’s MBA program?
Choose two of the following topics and answer them in essay form. Please indicate the topic numbers at the beginning of your essays. (500 words maximum per essay)
1. What achievement are you most proud of and why?
2. What is the most difficult feedback you have received from another person or the most significant weakness you have perceived in yourself? What steps have you taken to address it and how will business school contribute to this process?
3. Describe an accomplishment that exhibits your leadership style. The description should include evidence of your leadership skills, the actions you took, and the impact you had on your organization.
4. An effective leader for business and society is one who is able to hear, understand and communicate with people from all segments of society. In order to educate such leaders, Yale SOM is committed to promoting diversity and creating a community that cultivates a wealth of perspectives. In this spirit, describe an instance when, as part of a team, you played a role in bringing together individuals with different values or viewpoints to achieve a common goal.
5. For Reapplicants (answer this topic plus one of the other topics): What steps have you taken to improve your candidacy since your last application?