You will need to take original or notary public signed copy of Affidavit of Support for F1 Visa interview. Some universities require affidavit in the format they provide for admission. Sample provided below can be used during application and visa. What should be the contents of the affidavit for visa interview?

Affidavit for F1 Visa

Use the sample content below for students appearing for Visa interview in India.

Sponsors Affidavit of Support

To : US Visa Officer, Chennai Consulate.

Student Name : Your Name

I, SPONSORS NAME(Parents, relatives) aged XX years is residing at SPONSORS Address, do thereby solemnly affirm and state as under.
That Students NAME is going to study in University Name is my son ( or relation). Our family has sufficient funds to cover the education expense while studying at university name till course completion. We have total funds of $XXXXXX as shown in separate bank balance.




How to get Affidavit

You can get affidavit in Rs10 or Rs20 Stamp paper. Make sure you don’t have any mistakes or typo in your affidavit form. Take the affidavit along with your bank statement, bank passbook.

  • cloe

    Hello, I am appearing for a F1 visa interview in one week. My sponsors are my first cousin and her husband who live in US. In their affidavit of support my cousin has not mentioned the relation between us. Do you think this may cause a problem for the embassy?

  • T Basu

    I am appearing for F-1 visa interview in may 2012.I am fresher BE graduate 2011.My parents are helping me in sponsoring education. I need to show $ 10,000 for first year.And another $ 10,0000 as second year expences. But my parents have all this money in Fixed Deposit form in their names.
    Can I show this FD of my parents as funds for my sponsor??? OR do I need to ask them to break their FD and liquadate the funds for the first year sponsor. For second year they will accept FD as security I know but I am worried about wehether they will accept first year funds in form of FD. Pls help.

    • latha.s

      i want the details above who asking the qts.

  • zain

    i got my visa date finalized and the my sponsor that is my uncle is in US and working there . Can u plz help me out in telling wat all documents frm my uncle is needed for the interview.
    thank you

  • kumar

    For F1 VISA which consulate between Delhi and Chennai is OK? More crowd is in Chennai or Delhi

  • komal

    hi i have my mother's bank ba;ance certificate but the problem is regarding spelling of my mother's name , my passport and balance certificate spelling does not coincide. so what to do? i m not able to get balance certificate again.

  • Shahper

    anyone can tell that if the father dont have sufficient funds then any other person who is not family member can he Sponsors for F-I visa???? Kindly inform me by email, i shall be thankful to all of u .
    <enail removed>

    • HSB

      Yes, your relatives can sponsor your eduction.

      • Hari Krishna Veturi

        What if they aren't our relatives? What if they are someone whom we've been knowing long ago. What about them then? Can they be specified as colleagues or someone?

  • hitesh

    Hi. my visa got rejected . im applyinf for the second time. Wanna know if i can go with a differernt i 20 ..?.. will it a problem

    • krunal patel


      No, but you need strong reasion and uniq information abt changed uni / clg.

  • Olerin

    Hi i got my visa date finalized and the my sponsor that is my uncle is in US and working there . Can u plz help me out in telling wat all documents frm my uncle is needed for the interview and also tell me is it so that if the sponsor is frm US or if u have any relative in US the visa rejection rate is higher..

  • Abdullah-Al-Mamun

    I am mamun.I have already rejected on time and applied for the second time.I have already received my I-20 fro Devry university.How would i satisfy to the Us consulate officer at visa interview session.

  • Shubhi


    My brother is going to be sponsoring me for my graduate studies. He is currently in USA. If I get an affidavit from him, does it have to be signed necessarily or can I just write down his name in the document? Also if he signs it and then mails me a scanned copy of it, will that suffice the requirements?
    Also what other documents should I ask him to arrange to send to me apart from the Bank Statement and the Affidavit of Support.
    Will the self attested copies of these documents work?

  • emy

    i have my I -20 assitance and it was started in my 1-20 that i the required english proficiency by the will i still have to get the scorre of my Test of english
    for my interviw..

    second question,,. i can my sponsore who is in the USA who is citizen and retired
    need the USA oficial SPONSOR form filled or just get a notorize Afidavit of sponsore

  • Anas Iqbal

    How to present the I-34 form and other sponsorship documents in front of Visa Officer? Will he/she ask himsilf/herself or I will have to show my these documents myself at the time of Interview?

  • punamsodhi

    Sir kindly tell me that is it true that we have to apply in 3-4 univ. or colleges for i-20?if it is true than what should one do if he is getting only one attested copy of 10th and 10+2 from school?How can one apply with single copy in different colleges and universities?
    I am very tensed kindly reply soon i want to apply for fall 2010.
    waiting for reply

    • HSB

      You have incorrect info. Get how many attested copies as you like.

  • Navtej gill

    kindly give me the adress where you are giving

    traning for visa interview

    • Hari Krishna Veturi

      Who the hell on this holy earth is giving trainings for the so called "VISA INTERVIEW" on Happy Schools Blog? Have you mistaken or something dude

  • Haseeb

    Can we use form i 134 ? Many of the fields in that form ask for details like assets etc. Are those fields for international students or US students only?

    • HSB

      I -134 is affidatit for US law.

  • thimmashetty

    thanka for your mail .i am working on this


  • santhosh

    Hi Sir,
    What if my parents accounts are in abroad,and do we need to get separate affidavit for two sponsors separately thats my uncle and my father,and do we need to get any income tax dept clearance ,thanks


    • HSB

      You have to get affidatit from all the sponsors. Also tke original income tax filing document.