You can find sample statements of purpose (SOP) for U.S. universities for several graduate degree programs.
A statement of purpose is a most important element in your entire application package to graduate school.
When crafting your SOP for college admission, it’s always better to be original with your ideas and reflect your personality.
It’s difficult to write an SOP, but if you can refer to a few sample statements of purpose, you can use them as references to write a statement of purpose of your own. However, don’t copy the SOP of others.
Length of an SOP: Check the admission requirements. If the length is not specified, then write one to two pages of SOP.
It should reflect the following:
- What kind of person you are
- Will you be able to work with them
- How can you contribute to the goals of the school
- Your research potential.
So, make sure you get get your SOP well-written, one that reflects your true self.
Write your sample SOP for graduate school admission as a medium to express
- Your personality
- Why you want to study Master’s degree
- Research Experience and Research Interests
- Community Service and Volunteer Services preformed
- Leadership and Communications Skills
- Events and inspirations in your personal life
Sample Statement of Purpose
Computer Science and Computer Engineering
- Sample SOP for Computer Science – 1
- Sample SOP for Computer Science – 2
- Sample SOP for Computer Science – 3
- Sample SOP for Computer Science – 4
- Sample SOP for Computer Engineering
Biochemistry and Pharmacy
MS biotechnology SOP Sample
- Sample SOP for Biotechnology
- College Admission Personal Statement Biotechnology
- Biotechnology sample personal statement
- College Application Essay (SOP) Molecular Biology
- Sample Personal Statement Biotechnology and Genetics
You can get access to more sample SOPs for Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Architecture, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, and Computer Science from the post, Sample SOPs.
Examples of SOPs listed are collected from actual students who are currently in U.S. universities.
Tips on writing great SOPs from Professor