In this article, I have discuss the list of universities where GRE is not a requirement for graduate school admission.
Following the post on Average GRE Scores for Universities, I’m also collecting information about U.S. universities where GRE score is not an admission requirement.
There are many universities where students can get admission to master’s degree programs without the need for GRE scores.
However, there are still some departments within these universities that still require GRE scores, but the others don’t.
I will try to list the specific departments like computer science, electrical engineering, biotechnology, civil, mechanical, industrial engineering, and other programs together with the names of the universities where standard admission test scores are not required for graduate school application.
Universities not requiring GRE
- Saint Joseph University – Computer Science
- Loyola University – Computer Science
- University of Maryland – University College
- California State University, Fullerton
- California State University, Long Beach
- California State University, LA
- University of New Mexico – Master’s in Biomedical Science in Clinical Research, Landscape Architecture
- Grand Valley State University
- Santa Clara University
- California State University, San Marcos
GRE Scores Not Required: Computer Science
- East Stroudsburg University (PA)
- Bridge Port University (CT)
- University of Northern Virginia (VA)
- Oklahoma City University (OK)
- Purdue University (IN)
- Wichita State University (KA)
- Kansas State University(KA)
- Virginia State University(VA)
- New Mexico State University (MN)
- University of Dayton, Ohio (a few programs)
Now, here’s another list of universities where GRE test scores are not required or optional for graduate school admission.
I will continue updating more details into the list of universities where GRE is not required for admission.
GRE Score for Visa Interview
Even though at few schools do not require GRE scores, during the student visa interview, the visa officer might still ask for your GRE scores.
Because of this, it’s strongly advisable to take GRE and TOEFL exams for good measure, especially for visa purposes.
Most of the comments that Happy Schools Blog receives is about suggested university to apply at. And I always suggest that everyone must get GRE scores of above 300 for some departments and 1,100 for those applying for engineering degrees.