Looking for Universities in U.S. that accepted IELTS Score 5.5 and above for U.S.A.? Here is a list of 12 universities that will accept an IELTS score of 5.5 and above.
But, before we look at the watch this short video that explains the following
- The English proficiency requirements
- Minimum IELTS (or TOEFL) score Requirements
- Options for Low IELTS Scores
- Apply for Universities or ReTake the Test?
Universities listed below are a generic list and it may not offer the programs you are looking for, but gives you an idea of what to expect during the admission process.
You can also find the corresponding TOEFL scores (Internet-based, computer- and paper-based tests).
Yesterday, we published the post, 15 Universities for IELTS Score 6.5 and above.
Universities – IELTS Score 5.5
- University of Missouri (TOEFL 61)
- Ohio University (TOEFL 61) Conditional Admission
- North Dakota State University (TOEFL 71/525)
- The University of Texas-Pan American (TOEFL 61; Paper 500)
- Central Michigan University (Conditional admission – TOEFL iBT 61 to 78; PBT 500 to 549)
- The University of Louisiana at Monroe
- Southern New Hampshire University (TOEFL iBT 71; PBT 530)
- New Mexico State University (197 CBT; 71 iBT; 530 PBT)
- Kent State University (TOEFL score 525, 197, or 71; MELAB – 77 or IELTS score of 5.5)
- Murray State University
- Washington State University
- Oklahoma City University
TOEFL to IELTS Score Conversion Table
As you can see in the first part of the above TOEFL to IELTS table, your score range is 46 to 59 in TOEFL.
- Decide if you want to retake the test or apply for Bridge program in better universities.
If you decide to retake the IELTS test, then make sure you are really putting in the required effort to improve your English Language skills.