So, you are a Job Seeker and what do a typical job seeker like you need in a resume?
- A Perfect Resume
- Resume that will get you that first job interview call
But, how to write a perfect resume? Is there a magic formula to write a perfect resume?
Folks at Business Insider wrote this detailed article on how to write a perfect resume.
How to Write a Perfect Resume
- Tailor your resume to the specific position you’re applying for
- Put your name and contact info at the top.
- Decide if you want to include an objective.
- The length of your resume should reflect years of experience.
- Don’t list your hobbies.
- Don’t list your references.
- Create your own CV template.
- Use plenty of white space to draw the reader’s eye to specific items.
- Use the right keywords. (Top 10 Buzzwords to Avoid on Your Resume)
- Only include relevant work experience.
- Use bullet points to list responsibilities and accomplishments.
- Put a number to your accomplishments.
- Keep information about your education as short as possible.
- Use a chronological resume format.
- Don’t reveal everything.
Do you know why you need a perfect resume?
Hiring managers and recruiters make a decision on a resume in 6 seconds. If you don’t capture their attention in 6 seconds, then you are not going to the next round.
We have discussed about Resume length at Resume Format for India and USA.
Don’t add white spaces to increase the resume length. For Undergraduate and Graduate students, 2 page resume is sufficient.
Assignment for You
Now, open you resume and score your resume. If you get one step right, you get 1 point.
Can you score your resume and post your score?
Also, what will be you plan of action, if your score is less than 15?