Can you imagine preparing for GRE Exam without Barrons New GRE Book? I got hold of a copy of the new GRE book and this is my review. Barrons New GRE Book 2011
Barrons New GRE book
- Starts with providing brief overview of New GRE with examples for different new question types.
- Overview is followed by Diagnstic test (3 sections) with self-appraisals. Also, includes RAW Score to Scaled Score conversion chart.
- Covers Verbal Ability Tactics, Review and Practice tests.
- Sentence Completion – Chapter 4
- 10 Different Tactics
- Practice Exercise A, B – Sentence Equivalence (30 questions + answers)
- Practice Exercise C, D- Sentence Completion (30 Questions + answers)
- Reading Comprehension – Chapter 5
- Talks about where ETS gets their RC passages
- 15 Tactics + Strategies, Practice Exercises ( 13 passages)
- Analytical Writing Strategies
- 10 Tactics with examples for each tactic, practice exercises
- Qyanitative Ability – Tactics, Strategies, Practice and Review
- General Math Strategies (8 Tactics) + Practices Exercise
- Discrete Quantative Questions (4 Tactics) + Multiple Examples and Practice questions
- Quantitative Comparision – (6 Tactics)
- Data Interpretation (8 Tactics)
- Mathematics Review (227 to 438 Pages)
- Model Test (1 and 2)
Bulk of the book talks about Mathematics Review. If you are targeting 700+ in quantitative section, make sure you start going through Chapter 11 before taking any match practice tests.
New GRE (Graduate Record Exam) is changing from August 1 2011, and Barron New GRE Book will be available in early July with a thoroughly revised test prep manual that reflects the new exam’s content. You can pre-order the book now.
GRE’s Analytical Writing section will remain essentially unchanged, new question types will appear in both the GRE’s Verbal and Quantitative sections, and the sample tests in Barron’s New GRE 19th edition book will reflect those changes
- GRE Verbal – The verbal section now includes two new sentence completion types: sentence equivalence questions, for which test takers must identify two correct answers to receive credit; and text completion questions, some involving passages of several sentences and requiring test takers to fill in up to three blanks. Reading comprehension questions may now have more than one correct answer. Some reading questions will involve selecting individual sentences with passages.
- GRE Quantitative – As in the past, this section contains standard multiple-choice questions, as well as quantitative comparison questions. There are two new question types: multiple-choice questions that have more than one correct answer choice, each of which has to be selected, and numeric entry questions, which are the only questions on the test for which no answer choices are provided.
- Barron’s new GRE manual offers intensive practice and review for all question types plus a diagnostic test and two full-length model GREs with answer keys and explanations for all questions answered. The authors also present a test overview and valuable chapters on test-taking tactics.
- Paperback: 523 pages
- Publisher: Barron’s Educational Series; 19 edition
- Language: English
Barrons New GRE Book 2011 will be available from July 1, 2011. You can pre-order your copy today. When low cost edition book is available in India, link will be added here.