If you are in the process of deciding which graduate school to attend, this article will give you some valuable insights.
Because how you decide today will impact your career, life, and everything else in your life tomorrow. I’ll highlight the reasons why it is important to select the right university.
By now most students should have got admissions and are in the process of deciding which university to attend. And don’t make the common mistakes most students typically make.
- You might have applied for around 4 colleges without much research or background information. If you received admission from 2 universities, don’t eliminate the other 2 universities from your list.
- You’ll never know that one of those 2 other universities might have very good funding opportunities or might lead to a better job in the future.
- Always try to find what is the policy of the university for allowing students to apply for internship for international students. For example, at UT Arlington, you can work as intern for 2 semesters under CPT.
- There should be no conditions like you must be enrolled in thesis track or your internship work must be part of your thesis.
Some universities like NCSU allows internship only if your thesis work is similar to your internship.
- Kansas State will not allow students to do internship during Fall and Spring semesters, so students can work as interns only during Summer. There are some universities that don’t allow internship for students under CPT at all.
- So make sure you look into all possible combinations of your choice of university will fit to your needs.
I have put together a list of questions on how to select universities in the USA, which every student should ask about each university before making decisions.