Follow the simple steps listed below to determine admission requirements for any graduate school, master’s or PhD degree programs in the U.S.
It only takes less than 40 seconds to find admission information into the M.S. in mechanical engineering program at University of California at Riverside.
Here’s one question sent by Maziar:
My GRE and TOEFL iBT scores are 1,300 and 93, respectively. I have GPA of 2.45/4 in BsC mechanical engineering. Moreover, I have 2 papers (being processed) and 2 patents plus 3 research projects.
Please tell me how much are my chances to be admitted in MsC programs in US universities, such as Riverside (California) with financial aid? Please respond to me accurately.
Average GRE Score – Mechanical Engineering
It took less than 43 seconds to find the required GRE score to get financial aid and admission requirements for the school’s master’s in mechanical engineering.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) general test scores are required for all applicants. The minimal GRE score required to be admitted is 1,100. This 1,100 minimum score is derived by taking the sum of the verbal and quantitative scores. A minimum score of 1,200 is required to be a teaching assistant; however, the pool is competitive and generally students scoring significantly above this range are the ones selected as teaching assistants.
- Students from non-English speaking countries must also have a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper based), 213 (computer based), and 80 (internet based).
Graduate School Admission Requirements
The complete admission requirements are typically be listed in 2 places within a university website.
- Graduate School Admission (universality wide)
- Department Website (specific to the program)
In the above case for M.S. in mechanical engineering, this will not take more than 30 seconds to determine.
- Copy Riverside (California) from your question. No need to waste a few seconds by typing
- Google Search – Riverside (California)
- Select Admission from Home Page Top Navigation
- Graduate Students
- Graduate Programs at UCR
- Firefox – Control + F – type Mech
- Click on Mechanical Engineering
- Prospective Students from Mechanical Engineering Home Page
- Prospective Graduate Students
- Admission Requirements
The steps listed above are what you should find when searching for graduate school admission requirements for almost any university in the U.S. The University of California, Riverside has a website designed based on students in mind.
So it was very easy to determine the requirements within a very short time. Although this obviously will not be the case with all the American university websites, but knowing the common website navigation structure followed by most US university websites and use it to your advantage.