Would you be considering switching your major in Grad School to Computer Science after reading this post?
I certainly aware of few facts about non Computer Science Major student
- Handful of students would look for non computer science jobs
- Majority of those who opted ECE (even when CS) was available, was thinking “I want to be S/W Engineer, but ECE is backup option”
My Experience in working with Non CS Major students in software programming – “Ineffective”
Computer Science Jobs
Watch the following video from CNN.com
When CS graduate are get 4 to 5 job offers before graduation or 10 to 15 job interview before graduation, who doesn’t want to be a developer?
If you are CS Major, then job is pretty much guaranteed under following conditions
- You are a Terrific programmer
- Contacts with hiring managers
- Social media presence
- Visibility of your skills ( via social media – Twitter, Blogs, Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube,..)
Folks who are posting comments with Name – XYZ, ABC, Anonymous, its going to be tough to show your presence when its required.
Comments in HSB won’t help you get a programming job, but it shows your willingness to show your social media presence.
I just got a new idea – Start a Group with 30 students. Help them network build their network and and improve their social media presence. Entry criteria for the group – Post Comments in HSB using your real facebook, linkedin or twitter url.
What do you think about this idea?