I’m a regular reader of HSB and I must say that you are doing a great service to the aspiring students who intend to study and work in the US
I’m writing this e-mail on behalf of my son who has completed his bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with Computer Science as Minor from California State University, San Jose USA .
He has completed his undergraduate degree in May-12 and currently working under OPT for a consultancy firm in the US. His current employer is in the process of filing his H1B petition on April 1, 2013.
I have the following questions with regard to the H1B petition:
- His current work authorization under OPT expires on May 29, 2013
- His college says he cannot apply for STEM extension and H1B filing at the same time
- He has requested his employer for a PREMIUM processing of H1B petition
- I read in USCIS web site that premium processing is available for a US Master’d degree holders, is it not available for a US Bachelor’s degree holders?
- As a US bachelor degree holder what are the chances of him getting a H1B visa, do the US Master degree holders get priority over bachelor degree holders
- In the event of his H1B petition getting rejected this time, can he then apply for STEM extension
- In the event his H1B visa approved, can he continue with his current work as he is currently employed
- After the USCIS approval within how many days he has to get his visa stamped outside of US, is there a time limit
I would greatly appreciate your answers to the above.
If you have additional questions, post them in the comments. If you like to see more video Q&A, like this Video in Facebook.