Here is the first H1B Visa 2014 Cap Count Update – 50,000 H1B Visa Applications on Day 1 ( April 1, 2013)
This is still unofficial news coming from FCi Federal, company supplying workers to USCIS service centers. This news is first reported by Computer World.
With 50,000 H1B visa Applications in Day 1, H1B Visa lottery is certain.
This news shows that USCIS press release did create a sense of urgency, mini-panic among employers to file the H1B application is first 5 days of April.
Now, we know H1B Visa 2014 Lottery is real possibility.
Check out 3 ways to beat the H1B visa 2014 lottery.
H1B Visa 2014 Total Cap Count
H1B Visa can be applied under 3 different Cap – General, Advanced and Cap-Exempt.
- 65,000 – General H1B Cap (or Regular Cap)
- 1,400 H1B1 visa numbers are available for Chileans
- 5,400 are set aside for Singapore nationals.
- 20,000 – Advanced Degree Cap (Masters and above degree from USA)
- No Quota – Cap-Exempt Companies (Non-Profit Research Companies)
With 50,000 applications already received on Day 1, we can expect over 65,000 + 20,000 in first 5 days.
USCIS is expected to publish the official H1B Cap count numbers after first 5 days in April.