Refer to following articles for H1B Visa FY 2014 ( Applications accepted from April 1, 2014)
Following content is for last year (FY 2014) predictions, which will not be helpful for this year.
Around this time of the year I make H1B Visa 2014 Predictions for Masters Degree cap and regular cap count.
I have used several factors in the past for H1b Visa quota predictions.
- Blog Traffic Status
- Economy and Recession
- Unemployment Report
- Number of Comments in Blog to H1B visa Articles
This year, I’m going to use just one way and source H1B predictions, which is Google Traffic.
Number of Days for H1B Cap to Ran Out in previous years.
- 2009 – 265 ( for H1B Visa FY 2010 )
- 2010 – 301 days ( for H1B Visa FY 2011 )
- 2011 – 235 days ( for H1B Visa FY 2012 )
- 2012 – 72 days (for H1B Visa 2013 )
- 2013 – How Many Days ( for H1B Visa 2014 )
Year 2009 : H1B Visa 2010
2009 – 265 ( for H1B Visa FY 2010 )
Year 2010 : H1B Visa 2011
2010 – 301 days ( for H1B Visa FY 2011 )
Year 2011 : H1B Visa 2012
2011 – 235 days ( for H1B Visa FY 2012 )
Year 2012 : H1B Visa 2013
2012 – 72 days (for H1B Visa 2013 )
Now, you can see the patten of Google Search Traffic Volume vs Number of Days it took for H1B Visa cap to run out.
Observations to predict estimate when H1B Quota will be full
- Spike in traffic in April
- Spike in traffic when Cap is Full
Last year it took just 72 days for H1B Cap to be over and search volume for H1B Visa wasn’t even at 100.
Now, let’s look at H1B Visa Search volume for this year
H1B Visa 2014 Predictions – Masters and Regular
Search volume for 2013 is already at 100. This shows that interest for H1B 2014 cap is very high.
Question : So how many h1b applications will be filed for 2014?
So, here is my H1B 2014 cap predictions – H1B Visa 2014 could run out before End of April 2013.
How about 2014 masters predictions?
I’m expecting about 30,000 applications for Masters degree.
- High Search Volume compared to previous years
- Improving Economy and Hiring
- Decrease in Unemployment
- Increase in number of students coming to USA
Bulk of H1B Visa application are typically filed by Indian IT Consulting Companies. It will be interesting to know the following facts
- How many of such approved application are actually utilized
- How long do they spend in USA
- How many people end up applying for Green card
What do you think about H1B Visa predictions? Are you worried about H1B Visa cap being over before your employer will have a chance to file your application?
>> Next – H1B Visa 2015 Predictions