Welcome to Episode 2 of Happy Schools Podcast.
Today’s Episode have three segments.
- QA : Can I get Admission for PhD?
- Advice for Prospective Students
- My Schedule for Today
Admission -PhD in Mechanical Engineering
Hello peers I am not hearing from any universities please let me know if these universities are Ambitious or Safe?
- Penn State
- Texas A&M at College Station
- University of Pittsburgh
- University of Southern California
My Academic Profile
- Degree Applied : PhD Mechanical Engineering
- M.Tech. : IIT Guwahati, India.
- CGPA – 7.64/10
- B.Tech. : State Government College ( CGPA – 7.9/10 )
- GRE Score : 304 ( Quantitative : 60, Verbal : 144 )
- TOEFL Score : 94
- ASME conference paper published
- ASME journal paper under review
In shorts, these universities look too ambitious for your profile. You may have to apply for few more safe universities for Masters Degree than PhD. then convert to PhD after coming to USA. Since, you already have Masters Degree, visa might be an issue. So, I’m thinking your best bet would be to find 3 to 4 safe universities for PhD or improve your GRE Score and try again for for better universities.
Here’s the Links to PhD Articles I mentioned in the Episode