Short Answer: Yes.
What to Consider:
- Is your F-1 Visa stamp Valid?
- Do you need to attend visa interview?
- Do you have a job?
- Did you violate your status while on F-1 or any other previous visa status?
- Can you gather all the required documents for re-entry?
- Is your job related to your degree?
- Are you working as consultant at 3rd party site?
- Does your employment meet the rules of STEM OPT?
- Would you be able to answers the questions at the port of entry by CBP officer?
What’s stated in the STEM OPT Rule – [81 FR 13103 par. 774]
Students on STEM OPT extensions (including those whose application for a STEM OPT extension is pending) may travel abroad and seek reentry to the United States in F-1 status during the STEM OPT extension period if they have a valid F-1 visa that permits multiple entries?and a current Form I-20 Certificate of Eligibility endorsed for reentry by the DSO within the last six months. The student’s status is determined by CBP upon admission to the United States or through a USCIS adjudication of a change-of-status petition.
For re-entry to the U.S. with STEM OPT application, you should carry:
- STEM OPT I-20 signed by your DSO
- USCIS Approval Notice for STEM OPT application
- EAD Card
- Proof of employment
- Employment Verification Letter
- Recent Pay Stubs (3 months)
- Offer Letter
- Valid passport
- Valid F-1 visa (unless you are eligible for automatic visa validation)
And here is a detailed discussion at Murthy.com about travel during OPT.