This post is to help everyone applying for OPT and STEM extension and submitting these will likely speed up your application:
All documents that are necessary and best way to order them according to USCIS instructions and personal opinion:
- Money order (best option)/ check
- On the Back of the Photo
- SEVIS number
- Your Name
- G-1145 (highly recommended but not mandatory)
- Completed Form I-765 (Sign the form using blue ink)
- I-20 (some DSOs give two copies of i20s. One for you and one for the application. If possible request your DSO.
- For STEM extension: Copies of previous EAD card, I-797 approval notice and the letter with the barcode that comes with
- The EAD card.
- Copy of I94 page (internet printout)
- Copy of CPT employment in SEVIS. (Request your DSO if possible even if you didn’t do CPT)
- For STEM Extension
- Job offer from the employer.
- Copy of diploma and original transcript
- Copies of all previous i20s ( highly recommended).
- Copies of all pages of all passports.
- Use sticky notes at the bottom of each item to indicate the type of document
- Don’t use the stapler. Use paper clips.
- Sign and date your continuation sheet for Form I-765.