I’m including few links that will be useful to buy stuffs. But, its not like everything from every list should be purchased. In coming posts, I will highlight what are most important among them.
- Try to buy your shoe’s ( Nike, Reebok, Adidas, …) , winter wear here in U.S.
- Leather is expensive over here, so get your formal shoe pair, belts from India.
- I wouldn’t suggest to buy a leather jacket. I barely used it for 3 months in 3 years at school. You will get good snow jackets for sale in Summer months.
- Don’t bring the big woolen bed sheet, you get a decent comforter for $12 to $25.
- Get a bed spread and pillow cover.
- Don’t forget pressure cooker, Indian masala items, maybe dry pickles without oil should be fine. Make sure you pack it well.
Students here typically wash once in 3-4 weeks. Apartment complex will have common laundry room. You can use $0.25 coins to wash and dry your cloths. For 1 load of washing it would cost from $0.75 to $1.50 and $1-$2.00 for dryer. So, bring under garments accordingly.
Buy good quality t-shirts, Capri’s, jeans, formal shirts and 1 nice suit ( Raymond’s, Allen Solly,..)
You will not use formal wear during school days. Suit will be used for your job interview or when you attend conference.
Glasses, contact lens are very expensive. Make sure if you wearing, to get atleast 2 additional pairs.