New GRE Review – Shared by HSB Reader.
I had taken the New GRE at Gurgaon Prometric center (India). We posted New GRE Experience – Long, Hard and Exhausting 2 days back. Lets se what this review has to say about New GRE test.
My New GRE Score –
- Verbal 500-550
- Quants – 750-800
My New GRE Review
- AWA was pretty decent …similar to old pattern. Except that argumentative given more time .
New GRE Review – Verbal
- Had to face the 2 verbals sections …tiring …first was easy …the next section was tough.
- Questions were tough in the reading comprehension part – confusing in nature and time consuming.
- Overall …. the one with a very strong command over verbal …will definitely crack the exam ..
New GRE Review – Quantitative
- 3 New GRE quantitative sections …. experimental included …. quant is my strength, so enjoyed it.
- Quantitative is not as simple as the older version …but yeah …pretty decent …easy …
This short and quick New GRE Review shows that Verbal section of New Revised GRE is tough and time consuming.
Test takers with good command over English language and ability to read and understand a passage in quick time can get high score.
After reading this New GRE Review and other New GRE experience, its looks like Reading Comprehension is the toughest part.
Some New GRE test takers were not aware of how scores would be reported at the end of the test.
They were expecting to see New GRE Scores in 130 to 170 format. But New GRE Exam Scores Reported in 200 – 800 Scale
Unfortunately test takers have to wait till Nov to get the New GRE. You can see Old GRE to New GRE Score Converter to estimate your new score.