Today I’m going to review the best selling GRE book – Cracking the GRE 2011 DVD Edition. Previously I have reviewed 2 other GRE books. There are numerous GRE books available for sale, but its not possible to buy all the book.
This book comes in 2 different editions
- Cracking the GRE, 2011 paperback (Without DVD, less expensive)
- Cracking the GRE with DVD, 2011 Edition
Cracking the GRE 2011 DVD
- 4 full-length practice tests online
- Revised GRE exam details for Graduate School Test
- GRE Practice questions in the book along with strategies
- Available from June 8, 2010
- 464 Pages in total (same as non dvd edition)
Total of 23 chapters is divided into 5 sections as below.
- Orientation (1,2)
- How to Crack the Verbal Section (3 to 8)
- How to Crack Math Section (9 to 13)
- How to crack analytical writing section (14 to 19)
- Practice (20 to 23)
Cracking GRE 2011 Overview
- How to solve problems quickly by process of elimination
- Elimination process explained in detail to save time
- How to effectively use the scratch paper
- 3 types of words in GRE
- Known Words
- Sort of Known Words
- New Words (how to handle all 3 words types)
- Math section – (numbers, math, geometry, convert algebra to arithmetic questions)
- This book will have key that can be used online the Princeton Review to access to four full-length practice tests
Buy or Not?
- Ranked as best selling GRE book at time of this writing.
- Good strategies + Princeton Review brand name make it #1
- Use this book to learn effective strategies for GRE.
- Number of practice tests could
- More chapters could be added to math section (since more problem types appear in GRE)
- This book is not for Revised GRE 2011 (only provides information about revised GRE)
- Click the link to buy this book Cracking the GRE with DVD, 2011 Edition
If you ask me how to how to earn high test scores or suggest good GRE study guide, I would certainly recommend this book. Also, many students buy few more GRE Test prep books for strategies and improving their weak areas in Verbal and Math sections.