I received the following question couple of days back via email. I was furious and wanted to blast at this person.
My GRE test date is on September 7th. I am yet to schedule TOEFL , for which dates are available only from November onwards. I am planning to do Masters in Computer science in Fall 2012.
I find loads of websites listing top ranked universities including Happy schools blog. I cannot afford to spend a lot of time in surfing through each and every university what is the ‘average GRE score accepted’ by them.
My criteria in choosing in any university would be as followed listed on priority basis
1. University should be reputed in having research activities and known for its faculty and job opportunities in “Computer Science/Engineering”
2. Funding needed, at least if not in starting semesters. But again , even if getting aid is difficult, job should be easy
3. I would not like to study in cold places
4. As far as my academic profile is concerned, i have done my B.E in computer science with 80% . No backlogs.
Could anyone please list out 8 – 10 universities based upon above criteria and also the average GRE scores that such universities would expect ?
Average GRE Scores, Time and Help
Ok, you cannot afford to spend time to select universities or search average GRE scores for Universities, that wold ultimately decide your future and career.
- Can you list few things that you can afford to spend time?
Did you assume HSB and others who will be reading your questions are your subordinates (being decent here)?
When I read your questions, I felt like you are in a restaurant ordering food from a menu.
Basically, your education so far haven’t taught your about professionalism, how to ask questions and how to treat others.
Lessons to Learn
- Respect others for their time.
- Questions show how not to ask for help
- Its your life, you have to take have full control