ACT – American College Test is a standardized test for high school students for getting into college admissions in USA. Results are accepted by all four year college sin U.S.
The ACT is a national college admissions examination that consists of subject area tests in: English, Mathematics, Reading, and Science Reasoning.
ACT Plus Writing includes the four subject area tests plus a 30-minute ACT Writing Test.
ACT Test Format
- The ACT includes 215 multiple-choice questions
- Test Time – Approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes
- ACT Plus Writing – About 4 hours
The ACT is administered on ACT Test Dates 2013 in USA and Canada in September, October, December, February, April, and June.
In other locations (ACT International Test Dates), the ACT is administered on all of the above dates except September.
ACT Plus Writing is not available on the February test date.
The ACT Test Fees includes score reports for up to four college choices.
College codes have to be listed during test registration.
The ACT Mathematics Test
- 60 questions
- Tests mathematical skills from courses taken by the end of 11th grade.
Read more about Mathematics Test content.
The test presents multiple-choice questions that require you to use reasoning skills to solve practical problems in mathematics.
You need knowledge of basic formulas and computational skills to answer the problems, but you aren’t required to know complex formulas and perform extensive computation.
NOTE You may use a calculator on the Mathematics Test.
ACT Test is offered in about 11 different test centers in India.
Act test is not offered in September month in India.
ACT Reading Test
- Number of Questions : 40
- Section Time : 35 minutes
- Measures : Reading comprehension.
- Questions type : Read several passages and answer questions (what is directly stated, statements with implied meanings)
- determine main ideas
- locate and interpret significant details
- understand sequences of events
- make comparisons
- comprehend cause-effect relationships
- determine the meaning of context-dependent words, phrases, and statements
- draw generalizations
- analyze the author’s or narrator’s voice and method
Passage Topics : Social studies, natural sciences, prose fiction, and the humanities.
ACT Science Test
- Number of Questions : 40
- Section Time : 35 minutes
- Measures : Natural sciences: interpretation, analysis, evaluation, reasoning, and problem solving.
- Requirements: Completed a course in Earth science and/or physical science and a course in biology.
The test presents several sets of scientific information, each followed by a number of multiple-choice test questions. The scientific information is presented in one of three different formats:
- data representation (graphs, tables, and other schematic forms)
- research summaries (descriptions of one or more related experiments)
- conflicting viewpoints (expressions of several related hypotheses or views that are inconsistent with one another).
The ACT Writing Test
Writing Test is is a 30-minute essay test that measures your writing skills—specifically those writing skills emphasized in high school English classes and in entry-level college composition courses.The test consists of one writing prompt that will define an issue and describe two points of view on that issue.
You are asked to respond to a question about your position on the issue described in the writing prompt. In doing so, you may adopt one or the other of the perspectives described in the prompt, or you may present a different point of view on the issue.
Your score will not be affected by the point of view you take on the issue.
ACT Test centers in India with Test dates
|City||Center Name||Center Code||Test Dates|
|Ahmedabad||Indo American Educ Soc Satellite||866190||27-OCT-12|
|Ahmedabad Gujarat||Ahmedabad International School||866060||27-OCT-12|
|BANGALORE||St Josephs Boys High School||872490||27-OCT-12|
|Indore||Swati Jain College||872440||27-OCT-12|
|Mumbai||Lala Lajpatrai Inst Of Management||871230||27-OCT-12|
|New Delhi||American Embassy School||866740||27-OCT-12|
|New Delhi||U.S. India Educational Foundation||873060||27-OCT-12|
|Pune Maharashtra||Mahindra UWC of India||860020||27-OCT-12|
|Tamil Nadu||Kodaikanal International School||866720||27-OCT-12|
- ACT (No Writing) -$35.00
Includes reports for you, your high school, and up to four college choices (if valid codes are provided when you register).
- ACT Plus Writing – $50.50
Includes reports for you, your high school, and up to four college choices (if valid codes are provided when you register). The $15.50 Writing Test fee is refundable, on written request, if you are absent on test day or switch to the ACT (No Writing) before testing begins.
Additional registration fees and services
Add to the test fee for your test option (except for the Test Center Change)
- 5th and 6th college choices -add $11.00 each
Requested online before the test date; refundable on written request, if you do not test. Find out how much it costs to send your scores after you test.
- Telephone re-registration -add $13.00
- Late registration fee (U.S. or Canada only) – add $22.00
For registration or test date change submitted during the late period for a national test date.
Refunded if you are denied admission to the test center on test day, or if your registration was cancelled due to no photo provided.
- International testing (required outside the U.S. or Canada) -add $30.00
- Test date change – add $21.00
If you request a test date change after the regular deadline for the new date, you must also add the late fee. You will be charged the full test fee for your new test date plus $21.00 ($43.00 if you register during the late period).
Your test fee for the original test date will be promptly refunded.
- Test center change – $21.00
For the same test date.
- Viewing scores and score report online -FREE
- Test Information Release (TIR) service – add $19.00
On December, April, and June national test dates at a national test center; refundable if not available.
ACT Test Dates for 2013 -2104 for USA and Canada
Refer to ACT international Test Dates for other countries.
ACT Test Dates 2012 – 2013
|Test Date||Registration Deadline||(Late Fee Required)|
|September 8, 2012||August 17, 2012||August 18–24, 2012 (paper registrations)August 18–31, 2012 (online registrations)|
|October 27, 2012||September 21, 2012||September 22 – October 5, 2012|
|December 8, 2012||November 9, 2012||November 10 – 16, 2012|
|February 9, 2013*||January 11, 2013||January 12 – 18, 2013|
|April 13, 2013||March 8, 2013||March 9 – 22, 2013|
|June 8, 2013||May 3, 2013||May 4 – 17, 2013|
*No test centers are scheduled in New York for the February test date.
ACT Test Dates 2014
|September 21, 2013|
|October 26, 2013|
|December 14, 2013|
|February 8, 2014*|
|April 12, 2014|
|June 14, 2014|
ACT Test Dates 2014 – 2015
|September 13, 2014|
|October 25, 2014|
|December 13, 2014|
|February 7, 2015*|
|April 18, 2015|
|June 13, 2015|
Home Page – ACT Test Prep