The TOEFL ibT Exam includes following sections:
A non-native English speaker will find it hard to score good marks in the Speaking section. Generally, it’s easy to answer or tackle questions in the other sections in a TOEFL exam, but that’s not the case with the TOEFL Speaking section.
Students will be provided with a microphone which they must use to speak. Answers will be recorded and reviewed by multiple evaluators and then scored.
TOEFL Speaking Section
- Six tasks
- 2 independent tasks — express an opinion on a familiar topic
- 4 integrated tasks — speak based on what is read and heard
- Up to 30 seconds to prepare an answer
- Up to 1 minute to respond to a question
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Score scale: 0-4 points, the total of ratings converted to a 0-30 score scale
Make sure that you spend considerable amount of time to practice the TOEFL iBT Speaking test. Don’t think you can just speak fluently in the exam without much practice.
There are a few techniques you can use to improve your score in the speaking section.
Related: TOEFL Test Prep