I am from a Middle class family so my dreams of pursuing a M.S in Transportation engineering from the U.S can only be fulfilled if i can obtain a scholarship.
I gave my GRE on the 29th of September ,2011 at the Kolkata center.
After a gruelling session of verbal, quantitative and AWA I was tired but considerably happy.
When my results finally came I had scored 154/170 in verbal , 161/170 in quanti and 4/6 in Analytical writing. My toefl score is around 108. My overall GPA is 8.6/10 which I consider to be within the top 10 in a class of 66.
- I am thinking of applying to colleges like:
- TEXAS A&M, College station
- UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA ,MISSOURI(Twin cities)
- VIRGINIA POLYTECH
- PENN STATE
Due to the change in the scoring format I am not quite sure about my above profile. It would be very helpful if my following questions can be answered:
- Are my marks good enough for the above universities.
- Is there a possibility for scholarship.
- Suggestion of some colleges suitable to my interests and profile.(Scholarship is very important)
MS in Transportation Engineering
It’s not just you, many more students who have strong desire to study in USA, lack financial resources to study in USA.
You have good GRE Score (Verbal 145 and Quantitative 161). For MS in Transportation Engineering, if you select the right Universities, you can get admission (with possible scholarships).