The steps to becoming a Green Card holder (permanent resident) in U.S.A. varies depending on the category, whether you currently live inside or outside the United States.
The main categories are:
- Green Card Through Family
- Green Card Through an Employment
- Green Card Through Refugee or Asylee Status
- Green Card Diversity Lottery
- Several Other ways
We are going to focus on getting Permanent residency in USA via Employer Sponsored Green Card Process.
There are multiple categories for Employer Sponsored Green Card Category
Within the Above 5 categories, out focus area is EB1, EB2 and EB2.
But, when you read the Visa Bulletin, there’s Employment Based visa Numbers spillover from eB4 and EB5 to EB1.
We can get into that in details in the following Articles:
- How Long Does it Take to Get Green Card in USA for Eb1, EB2 and EB3
- Green Card Steps for EB2 and EB3 Explained
- Green Card Visa Numbers availability for E1, EB2 and EB3
- US Green Card Waiting Time Based on Pending Applications
- Immigration Path : Steps for an F1 Visa to Become U.S. Citizenship