I posted the following question on Facebook : Job or Education Abroad and why?
Let’s look at some of the responses to above question.
- Kashyap Patel : simple and clear for $$$$
- Balamurugan Mohan : global exposure & above all Money, Money,Money!!!
- John Jibin : both. its easy cause 1 $= 51 rs.
- El Donald : abroad education especially in developped countries, your chances are broad in develeppoing countries
- Anupam Gupta : I will go with edu abroad. Its between Rs 3 lac /yr or Rs 3 lac/month.
- Rakesh Gullapelli : educatn in india and job in abroad..as educatn in india is cheaper compared to other countries..and salaries are higher in abroad.
- Vishu Sharma : Education in abroad nd job in ur country…….Dis is spirit man
There is no right answer to the question Job or Education Abroad.
Each and everyone is different and have unique needs and necessities in life.
Folks, who try hard to get visa will keep trying through companies to work in Foreign countries.
I have seen folks, who were not interested in USA change their mind after they work in USA for few months.
Also, I have seen few who struggled hard to get H1B directly from India and return to India in 1 or 2 years.
Can $$$ Should be Your Only Goal?
Job and $$$ is the goal for most the fans who answered the question.
No one said Entrepreneurship.
Not just this time. When same question was asked few months back, no one said Entrepreneurship.
Look at the Tech Startups in USA. Several of those companies have Immigrant co-founders.
- Example – Making Blogging a Career
Do do you know why we are more inclined to Salaries than Entrepreneurship?
I think that has got to do with our education system and mindset.
Getting a job is the least risky way to earn money. Also, our education system is more geared to teaching someone get a job. Courses are not taught to about taking risks.
If I happen to have an option to design course work for Engineers, I will include courses that are
- More practical
- Risk taking
- Entrepreneurship ( How to be an Entrepreneur )
Big Goals, Bigger Dreams
There is nothing wrong to have a goal of making money. But, set your goal to make lot of money.
Its between Rs 3 lac /yr or Rs 3 lac/month.
For example, if goal is set to 3 lakhs ($6000) per month, that’s what you will aim. Why not set $15,000 per month.
Why not add a time frame to it.
Like – $3000 per month in 3 years. $10,000 per month in 5 years.
Dream Big and Set Bigger Goals.