Happy Schools reserves the right to make changes to this Policy at any time, and will post any revised Policy on this page. You will know we have changed the Policy when you see a new updated date at the top of this Policy. We encourage you to check the date of this Policy whenever you visit this Website so that you will know when you need to review the Policy for modifications. Please note that this Policy applies to all information collected online by Happy Schools Blog.
III. COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION
Personal information means information that can be used to identify and contact you, including but not limited to your name, postal delivery address, e-mail address, payment method (e.g., credit card, Paypal or debit card), telephone number, test scores, academic details, as well as other information when such information is combined with your personal information. When you register or use certain services available on our Website, we ask you to supply us with certain personal information so that we can provide, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts.
For similar reasons, we may supplement the personal information you provide with publicly available information about you. We use this personal information to process your registration, your payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. We may also use your e-mail address to send you newsletters, promotional announcements, and consumer surveys. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain correspondence from us, including messages relating to your account transactions.
We keep track of your interactions with us, including but not limited to your site activity, correspondence as well as any other related activity. We use this information for such purposes as personalizing the site to better reflect particular interests, tracking your level of activity, helping us quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests and otherwise enhancing our service offering for our customers. We also provide analyses of our users in the aggregate to prospective partners, advertisers and other third parties. We may also disclose and otherwise use, on an anonymous basis, site habits, commentary, reviews and other non-personal information about customers.
While using the Website, you will have opportunities to post comments or other personal information in forums, such as the blog, Q&A or groups. Please understand that when you post such information, it is made public and is not subject to this policy. Please refer to the Website’s Terms of Service, for more information regarding obligations associated with the posting of User Content on the Website.
IV. VIEWING AND UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
You are responsible for updating and maintaining the truth and accuracy of the personal information you provide to us relating to your account. If you want to update your contact information, you should do so by sending us an email at [email protected]
V. COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGY
As you browse the Website, cookies may placed on your computer’s hard drive. (Cookies are small pieces of data that are sent to your browser from a Web server and stored on your hard drive for record keeping purposes.) In general, cookies can make the Web more useful by storing information about your preferences on a particular site. Cookies in and of themselves do not personally identify users, although they do identify a user’s computer. If your browser is set to not accept cookies, you may not be able to use particular services on the Website.
In addition to cookies, we may use other technologies, including pixel tags, to gather information on how our users interact with our Website and to otherwise help us efficiently operate and monitor our site and service. These technologies, show us, for example, popular pages, conversion rates, click-throughs and other information that can be used to improve, operate and monitor our site and our service.
Note that you can change your browser settings to disable cookies if you have privacy concerns. Disabling cookies for all sites is not recommended as it may interfere with your use of some sites. The best option is to disable or enable cookies on a per-site basis. Consult your browser documentation for instructions on how to block cookies and other tracking mechanisms.
VI. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We often partner with third party companies, agents or contractors in order to offer joint promotions, advertisements, programs and marketing campaigns in which we believe our users may be interested. Some of these companies are permitted to use your personal information. For instance, universities would get access to your academic profile to send customized information based on your academic profile.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING SET FORTH HEREIN TO THE CONTRARY, HAPPY SCHOOLS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION (EXCLUSIVE OF ANY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION PROVIDED, IF ANY) FOR ANY LEGALLY PERMISSIBLE PURPOSE, IN HAPPY SCHOOLS SOLE DISCRETION. Happy Schools Blog may use your personal information to provide promotional offers to individuals by means of email advertising, text/short message services, telephone marketing, direct mail marketing, online advertising, and package stuffers, among other possible uses.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information and for restricting access to your computer or mobile device through which you access our Website account. Users of public or shared computers or unprotected mobile devices should log out at the completion of each visit to the Website.
Unfortunately, no security system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and cannot assume liability for improper access to it. By using this Website, or providing personal information to us through any means, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of this site.
VIII. GOOGLE ADS
Any advertisements served by Google, Inc., and affiliated companies may be controlled using cookies. These cookies allow Google to display ads based on your visits to this site and other sites that use Google advertising services. Learn how to opt out of Google’s cookie usage. As mentioned above, any tracking done by Google through cookies and other mechanisms is subject to Google’s own privacy policies.
Happy Schools has affiliate relationships with some of the merchants and Happy Schools may be compensated if consumers choose to utilize the links located throughout the content on this site and generate sales for the said merchant. Happy Schools generates revenue when you read, view the web pages or click any links Happy Schools.
XI. GDPR Terms
41 Square LLC, 41 Square LLC, PO Box 1383, Morrisville, NC 27560, United States – [email protected]
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information:
- Legal Compliance. We may collect and use your information in connection with legal obligations to which we are subject. These legal obligations include, but are not limited to, any and all applicable (i) federal, state, or local laws, rules, or regulations, (ii) court orders, or (iii) consent decrees.
We may use information that we collect about you, including personal information, to:
- Provide Products and Services. We will use your information to provide our products, our partner’s products, and our services to you; to respond to your inquiries; and for other customer service and support purposes. We use the payment information you provide to us in order to alert you of past, current, and upcoming charges, to allow us to present the purchase history to you, and to perform internal finance processes, such as looking the status of a credit card charge. In the event of a credit card dispute, we also share account information with your bank to verify the legitimacy of a charge.
- Understand and improve our products. We will perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, our partner’s products, our services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others. We do this to help make our products better and to develop new products.
- To communicate with you.
- Service related communications. We may send you service and administrative emails to ensure the products or services are working properly. These messages are considered part of the service and you may not opt out of these messages.
- Promotional. Subject to your opt-out preference, we may send you emails about new product features or other news about AppSumo or on topics we think would be relevant to you. You may opt out of receiving these communications at any time by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the applicable email or sending us a request at [email protected]
- Responding to your requests. We will also use your information to respond to your questions or comments.
- Advertising. Subject to your opt-out preferences, we may develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our services and other sites.
- Legal Compliance. We may use your information to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including informal requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities.
- Other. We also may use your information to manage our business or perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection subject to your consent. Please read all online agreements carefully before accepting them.