I thought it would be helpful to create a resource page that you can always come to for all of your higher education, job search to improving productivity needs. I’ll will be updating this list as I learn more. I recommend bookmarking it for your reference and convenience. Enjoy!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please understand that I recommend the products because I believe in them. And I recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
- ISO Students Health Insurance: If you have an option to buy health insurance on your own, then consider ISO Health Insurance. Watch the Here’s a video interview I did with Niraj from ISO Team when I met him at NAFSA Annual Conference in San Diego.
- Visitors Coverage: Buy Health Insurance for H1B, OPT, STEM OPT, B1/B2 Travelers and Visitors to the U.S.A. I purchased Patriot America Plus for my parents when they visited us.
International Student Loans
- Prodigy Finance: Refinance your student loan from India to lower rate without a cosigner in the USA. Read how to refinance the international student loan without a cosigner.
International Students Taxes
- SprinTax: International Students and Scholars on F1, J1 Visa can file U.S. Taxes using SprinTax platform.
- VTaxFiling.com: Mention Happy Schools for Special Discount. One Fee for all Federal and State Tax.
- Blue Sky Resume: Blue Sky resume is Higher End Resume writing service. You will get more personal attention from the Expert Resume Writers. Expect to pay upwards of $400.
- Job Search Boot Camp: 7 Days Getting Hired Boot Camp. Course via email. 100% Free.
- Knock ’em Dead – The Ultimate Job Search Guide: I know this book and have used this book for my job interview. Job interview skills I have acquired comes from this book. If you are serious about finding a job and mastering your job interview, buy this book now and start reading it passionately.
- What Color Is Your Parachute? : A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters: I had 3 different editions of this book and gave it to friends. This books combined with Knock’em Dead is a Must Have for any job seekers.
- Best TOEFL Test Prep Books: Read this blog post about Best TOEFL Book reviews.
- Best GMAT Books: Read this blog post about GMAT Test prep book reviews.
Books Young Professionals
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You: Every College grad and young professional should read to figure out how to navigate early stages of your career.
- I will Teach You to be Rich: Financial skills that I have today was in part due to direct influence from Ramit’s Book.
- What Best College Students Do: The creative, successful people profiled in this book—college graduates who went on to change the world we live in—aimed higher than straight A’s. They used their four years to cultivate habits of thought that would enable them to grow and adapt throughout their lives.
- The 4-Hour Work Week: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich: Awesome Book about lifestyle design. How can you work only 4 hours per week, enjoy life and sill make a ton of money? I own this book.
- Outliers: Malcolm Gladwell poses a more provocative question in Outliers: why do some people succeed, living remarkably productive and impactful lives, while so many more never reach their potential? I own this book and learned about “10,000 Hour Rule”
In order to start a blog on your self-hosted domain, you need 4 things. They are Domain Name, Place to host your website, Content Management system and out of box web site template. I have listed links below for all 4.
- Name Cheap: Buy your domain name here. Costs about $10 per year for .com domain name
- WordPress: The #1 Blog Publishing Platform. Free and easy to customize. ( this is free ).