Study PhD Degree in USA
FAQ’s About Masters Degree in USA
- How to Apply for PhD in USA?
- Timeline for Admission
- Funding for PhD
- Finding Research Areas
- Additional Resources
Read the difference between Bachelors, Masters and PhD Degree (graphically explained). Move forward with rest of this page.
Even before applying to PhD programs, YOU SHOULD know your research areas and interests. If not, start with Masters Degree (with Thesis Option).
Far too many students apply for PhD as applying for Masters Degree.
- Know Research Area
- Find Professors Working on Same Research topics
- Talk to the Professor.
- Ask if he/she is accepting new students.
- After confirmation apply for the Program.
Following is a generic checklist, but this should give an overview of what to expect during the admission process.
Each college should have it’s specific set of admission requirements. Refer to university website of the college you plan to apply for additional details
- Photocopy of Passport Biographical pages
- Find Research Interests
- Contact Professors
- Find if they are accepting new students in professor’s lab.
- Then Submit Online Application (or Common Application)
- Pay Application Fees
- Test Scores – GRE (most likely)
- English Test Scores – TOEFL, IELTS
- Education Documents
- All College Level transcripts (Official Diplomas or Mark Sheets or Transcripts)
- Financial Affidavit (with Bank statement)
- Submit application before the deadline
- Scholarship Application Form (if required)
- All the documents submitted should be in English )or translated required)
- Transcripts Evaluation (if required)
- Recommendation Letter
- Statement of Purpose
- Research Experience (abstract or copies of research papers)