> Following post was shared by Shyam B Before Going to Visa Interview part this were the major mistakes done by me :
- Applied to low ranked Universities and many of them where California Universities .
- Could not provide a Strong Case to my Financial Background i.e No Bank Loan Sanctioned and had large Transactions in my Bank Statement
F1 Visa Third Attempt : Changes
Changes this time:
- Changed my University for Visa applied to a University that was best ranked and whose Visa Acceptance rate was pretty high among all my admits.
- Had bank loan Sanctioned this time which should I had funds to meet my expenses in USA and I was going there to study not work 😛
- Confidence : This time I went with no hopes I left it on Almighty and said to myself If it has to happen it will happen for sure this time or else USA doesn’t deserve me 😛
F1 Visa Interview Third : Attempt Details
- Attempt : 3
- Status :Approved
Third F1 Visa Experience in Chennai Consulate
After all the Formalities I just went to the Actual place where all interviews happen
Me : Good Morning Officer (VO was a young Lady in her early 20’s)
VO :Hi,Which attempt is this ?
Me : Third(I was shocked 😛 She directly asked me the Danger Question in
VO: Ok what changes have you made this time and Is your undergrad percentage ** this much.(She saw the Previous Comments of Visa officer and based on that she was cross checking my % again )
Me : This time I have a bank Loan Sanctioned of ** Lakhs and I’m going to a top ranked University out of all my admits.
VO: Ok ,Your Visa is approved you will get your passport in a week’s time.
I was so happy, I literally gave up hopes of USA but after I got my Visa I realized getting F1 Visa is not mere Luck. You need to think logically from Visa Officers mind they also know people
go to USA to study and get settled in USA. But onus is on us to show them that we are going there to study at first instance Work and all is secondary. I would suggest don’t just go to a University which is low ranked and where you would have option to work and
Go to a University which is top ranked out of all your admits and always have a Bank loan Sanctioned (this depends on person to person but I feel so ) which gives them a guarantee that we have sufficient funds to meet our expenses there. All the best to everyone who are applying for,Spring and other Semesters 🙂