A lot of students take the Physics GRE Subject Test so we are listing a number of top Physics GRE Subject books.
About the GRE Physics Test
- The test consists of approximately 100 five-choice questions, which are grouped in sets and based on materials such as diagrams, graphs, experimental data and descriptions of physical situations.
- The aim of the test is to determine the extent of the examinees’ grasp of fundamental principles and their ability to apply these principles in the solution of problems.
- Most test questions can be answered on the basis of one’s mastery of the first three years of undergraduate physics.
The following areas are tested in the exam – mechanics, EM, waves and optics, quantum mechanics and thermodynamics, modern physics, etc.
- Fundamentals of Physics – Expensive but a must-read
- University Physics – Expensive but good
- Physics for Scientists & Engineers With Modern Physics – Cheap yet good
Top Physics Subject Test Prep books
- 3,000 Solved Problems in Physics
- GRE Physics Test: REA: Serious Prep for the GRE
- Princeton Problems in Physics with Solutions
- University of Chicago Graduate Problems in Physics with Solutions
- The Best Test Prep for the GRE (Test Preps) – 4 Full Length Tests
If you know of any additional resources, put your comments below.