Are you ready to attend H1B Visa stamping interview? The documents listed here are for your reference and refer to U.S. embassy’s website for documents and procedures specific to your country for H1B Visa. You can schedule the H1B Visa interview after H1B visa petition is approved.
Before H1B Stamping Interview
- Complete DS-160 Visa Application Form
- Schedule H1B Visa interview (find the procedure from your consulate)
- Complete Finger Printing (in India)
- Pay the Visa Interview fees
H1B Visa Stamping Documents
- Ds-160 Barcode Confirmation
- Appointment Schedule Letter
- Original H1B Visa Approval Notice – I-797 Form
- I-129, Petition for Non-immigrant worker
- H Classification Supplement to Form I-129
- H-1B Data Collection and Filing Fee Exemption Supplement
- Labor Condition Application for H-1B & H-1B1 Non immigrants
- H-1B Visa Petition letter provided by your employer
- Employment Verification letter
- Pay stubs for at least last 3 months (if you were working on H1B)
- Monthly bank statements (last 3 months), Bank of America provides Immigration Letter
H1B Visa Supporting Documents
- Current Employer – Offer Letter
- Copy of the Resumé
- Sample company projects documents and some documents describing what your company does
- Previous Employer H1B approval notice (if applicable)
- I-797 A, B or C
- Official transcripts (Undergraduate, Graduate and other certificates)
- Degree certificates or official diplomas (undergraduate and graduate degrees)
- Original I-20s forms (for degrees from the U.S.)
- OPT/EAD Card (if applicable)
Tax and other documents from the U.S.
- W2 Tax forms (at least last 2 years)
- Tax returns 1040s
- Driving license and social security card
- Client Letter
- If living in the U.S. – take copies of utility bills, rental agreement, or home deed.
- When in doubt, always consult an immigration attorney or immigration professional.
The details listed might not be enough to get a visa since every individual’s case is different since everyone comes from different backgrounds.
From what I read, companies with less number of employees, less than 25, might face lots of questions during interviews. Most H-1B frauds were discovered were from small companies. Good luck to you guys in your H-1B visa stamping application.
Spouse and Dependent Children
- Original, valid HDFC bank visa fee receipt ( only for applicants scheduled at U.S. Consulate General, Mumbai)
- The original Notice of Action Form I-797 of the Principal Applicant.
- Form I-129 (if Form I-797 is a blanket permit, copy of Form I-797 and I-129) of the Principal Applicant
- Photocopy of the Principal Applicant’s valid visa (if applying separately).
- Original Marriage Certificate (for spouse) along with your entire wedding photo album.
- Original Birth certificate (for each child).
The list of documents required for H-1B visa stamping also varies among U.S. consulates in different countries. So refer to the U.S. consulate website for more information.
Also, be prepared for additional security clearance checking when you appear at U.S. consulates, which might delay H-1B visa stamping procedure.