Posts Tagged ‘Taxes in USA’

How to Get Refund of FICA Taxes for OPT Students

fica tax refund opt irs

Students on CPT, OPT, STEM OPT are exempt from FICA Taxes (Social Security and Medicare Taxes). In other words, you don’t have to pay FICA Taxes on your paycheck. Some, employers would deduct those taxes from your paycheck. But, you can get a refund on FICA taxes from the IRS. This guide will walk you…

Read More

International Students Taxes – Do F1 Students Need to File Taxes ?

international student taxes

I have answered some frequently asked questions (FAQs) on international student taxes in previous articles. International students with F1 visas who entered the United States on or before December 31 of the last year should file income taxes in the U.S.A. in the following year. Let’s say you came on Dec 25, 2015. You would file tax…

Read More