International students are required to submit either IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE Academic scores to prove their proficiency in English language.
The following is a list of 15 universities and colleges in the U.S. that require minimum IELTS score of 6.5 (band score). The corresponding equivalent TOEFL score is 79 or 80.
Universities for IELTS 6.5
- University of Michigan (TOEFL 79)
- University of Arkansas (TOEFL 79)
- The University of Texas at San Antonio (TOEFL 79)
- University of Minnesota (TOEFL 79; MELAB 80)
- Pratt Institute
- Emerson College
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge
- University of Denver
- Penn State
- George Mason University
- The University of Oklahoma
- University of Alabama – Tuscaloosa
- Syracuse University
- Virginia Tech
Check the minimum requirements at the university website at the time of submitting application to that school. The department might require higher scores other than the IELTS score of 6.5.