Education Testing Services (ETS) had announced some major changes to the GRE exam in 2011.
The new GRE in 2011 will be offered starting on August 1, 2011.
Here is a quick summary of new GRE pattern of changes that will be made to GRE exam in 2011.
There are several changes to be made in the GRE test in the verbal and quantitative sections.
The verbal section got more major changes compared to the math section.
Changes to New GRE in 2011
- 2 sections in the GRE will be revised (verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning)
- Grading scale from 130 to 170
- No more antonyms and analogies entries in the GRE verbal section (this is good news)
- New GRE Verbal Details
- The antonyms and analogies entries will be replaced by additional reading-comprehension questions
- Skip back and forth between GRE exam questions. (No more computer adaptability for every question.)
- On-Screen calculator will be allowed in the new GRE 2011
- New GRE pattern will be a multi-stage test
Stay tuned in this blog for more details on the changes to the GRE in 2011.
So, what do you think of the new changes to the GRE exam? This gives options to students who are planning to take the GRE in the year 2011 to consider if they want to take the old format or the new GRE format.
There will be lot of rush to book GRE exam dates in 2011, just before the new GRE changes will be offered. So you have to plan accordingly.
If you have any questions about the new GRE exam pattern, leave your comments below.
Most of your questions about the changes in the new GRE 2011 will be answered in the links provided above.
You may want to consider taking the GRE in its current pattern, before changes in the new GRE come into effect (by August 1, 2011).
Here is a detailed comparison of the revised GRE in 2011 and the current GRE general test.