Getting job in Google involves answering some Brin Teaser quesitons.
What is Brain Teaser question?
Well, questions which has answers, but but not necessarily easy to calculate.
In other words – Stupid Interview quesitons.
If you need the job then you wouldn’t consider those questions stupid right?
Top Interview Question from Google
- Estimate the number of students who are college seniors, attend four-year schools, and graduate with a job in the United States every year.
- How many golf balls can fit in a school bus?
- How much should you charge to wash all the windows in Seattle?
- How many piano tuners are there in the entire world?
- How many vacuum’s are made per year in USA?
- Every man in a village of 100 married couples has cheated on his wife. Every wife in the village instantly knows when a man other than her husband has cheated, but does not know when her own husband has. The village has a law that does not allow for adultery. Any wife who can prove that her husband is unfaithful must kill him that very day. The women of the village would never disobey this law. One day, the queen of the village visits and announces that at least one husband has been unfaithful. What happens?
Source – Seattle Based Job Consulting Firm lists all 140 questions.
Software Engineer Questions
- Write a C program which measures the the speed of a context switch on a UNIX/Linux system.
- Given a function which produces a random integer in the range 1 to 5, write a function which produces a random integer in the range 1 to 7.
- Describe the algorithm for a depth-first graph traversal.
- Design a class library for writing card games.
- You need to check that your friend, Bob, has your correct phone number, but you cannot ask him directly. You must write a the question on a card which and give it to Eve who will take the card to Bob and return the answer to you. What must you write on the card, besides the question, to ensure Bob can encode the message so that Eve cannot read your phone number?
- How are cookies passed in the HTTP protocol?
- Design the SQL database tables for a car rental database.