October 2015 Visa Bulletin had Major News. Department of State has introduced a New Cut Off Date. This dual cutoff date comes with a ton of Immigration Benefits like the ability to file I-485 earlier than expected for Employment and Family based applicants who have approved I-140.
You can read the announcement at EAD for I-140 Approved. As expected, there’s a lot of questions from Immigrant community and curious readers. I collected the questions and asked the same to Immigration Attorney Murali Bashyam.
Listen to Audio Version[powerpress]
Questions Answered in this Interview About monthly Visa Bulletin issued by Department of State
Questions Answered and Topics Covered in this Interview
We covered most of the questions listed below, but no in the same order.
- What is Visa Bulletin?
- Why is it Important?
- When does it gets published?
- Why does it get published 20 days before the Actual Month?
- What are the contents of the VB?
- What is Priority Date?
- How can one find the Priority Date?
- What is Cut-Off Date?
- What is Country of Chargeability?
October 2015 Visa Bulletin:
- Old VB – One Cut Off Date.
- October VB introduces Dual Cutoff Date. Can you explain that?
- Application Final Action Dates
- Dates for Filing Visa Applications
- How was this second date determined?
- Will the date move forward or backward in coming months?
- When can one file Adjustment of Status as per this October 2015 VB?
Green Card Process
- Stages of Green Card Process
- What are the department Involved in Green Card Process
- How does Visa Bulletin Tie into this whole Green Card Process?
- Who is eligible to file I-485?
- Who can one file I-485 as per new Dates for Filing Visa Applications?
- What are the benefits of filing I-485 with new dates for falling visa Application
- Will the Dates Move Forward or backward in next visa bulletin?
- How to Interpret this ” USCIS has determined that this chart may be used (in lieu of the chart in paragraph 5.A.) this month for filing applications for adjustment of status with USCIS. (emphasis added)”
- What are the benefits of filing I-485
- What are the benefits of getting EAD?
- Can I-485 and EAD filed Concurrently
- Can someone file I140 in Premium and I-485 concurrent?
- Job Portability – After 6 Months in I-140. What is that?
- Who can file I-485 – Employer or Employee (self)?
- I-140 approved with Previous Employer. Can file I-485?
- Do we have to Medical Exam for I-485?
H1B vs EAD and AP with Pending I-485
- What happens to H1B if one gets EAD?
- Is visa stamping required?
- What is AP and when can it be used?
- Will there be any problems during reentry with AP?
Post your questions below. If you have question about Immigration specific to your status, travel, you can choose to ask Attorney Murali via Ask an Attorney.
Share this Post