I have seen as a general requirement for Universities in US asking for Transcript of Undergraduate studies with no further specification.
I have done my graduation in Pharmacy which is a 4 year course in India. Now as I am preparing my GRE and simultaneously gathering information about the application package. I contacted my parent university to know the procedure to obtain the transcript.
They informed me that I can get the transcript for which ever certificate I want i.e. if I submit them individual marksheets for all four years they will provide the transcript for that or else they can provide a single transcript for my degree certificate.
Now my question is whether I need to get all my mark sheets converted into Transcript or only degree certificate’s transcript is sufficient for application in a US university?
I am not very much clear whether the purpose of transcript from parent university is to determine its authenticity or for GPA.
If it is for GPA I will be anyways submitting my GPA via Education perspective or ECE or similar organization.
Transcripts from Indian Universities
- Procedures you have listed is typical followed in India to get transcripts.
- I recommend to get individual marksheets and degree certificate if available.
- If degree certificate is not available (if applying before graduation) then individual mark sheets would be sufficient.
Here is link to previous blog posts that talks about transcripts
- How to send transcripts for Graduate School Admission in USA
- How to send high school marksheets
- 12 Tips on How to Send College Application Package
I have seen few instances where university is used to seeing individual marksheets, and when a students sent single cumulative transcripts, they asked for individual mark sheets.