I pulled out the data for Average GRE Scores for M.S. and PhD for Computer Science for UCLA.
They have listed Average GRE Scores under following categories
- International Students – M.S. and PhD
- Domestic Students – M.S. and PhD
Following are data for applicants admitted for study beginning Fall 2012.
Average GPA of all admittees: 3.67 (A=4.0)
Average GRE scores – Admitted Students
- International Ph.D. : V: 153 (62%); Q: 164 (91%); AW : 4.0 (48%);
- Domestic Ph.D. : V: 159 (84%); Q: 163 (89%); AW: 4.6. (63%);
- International M.S. : V: 156 (76%); Q: 165 (92%); AW: 3.87 (47%);
- Domestic M.S. : V: 158 (79%); Q: 161 (85%); AW: 4.5 (72%)
Did you notice something about the above data?
GRE Analytical writing score for International Students is lowers than Domestic students.
Same applies to GRE Verbal Score.
Quantitative scores are higher for International Students. My guess is that, most of the International students should be from China and India.
Do you think it’s because of being Native English Speakers vs Non-Native English speakers?
See if you can find such differences with other Average Revised GRE Scores for Princeton University.
Average GRE UCLA
- Clinical Psychology – V: 671/165 ; Q : 749/163 ; AW: 5.1
- Mechanical Engineering – Verbal, above the 70th percentile; Quantitative, above the 88th percentile; Analytical Writing score above 4.0
- Electrical Engineering – Verbal, Quantitative, and Analytical sections have averaged 541, 770, and 3.83, respectively.
Cost of Studying in UCLA
The total amount = $49,946 ( living and educational expenses for the 2012-2013 academic year )
- US $29,720 for tuition and fees for three quarters
- US $20,226 for basic living costs (food, rent, laundry, local transportation, books and supplies, etc.)