Bindhu recently (within last two weeks) started working as Data Analyst (Full-Time Job) in Illinois. She received two Full-Time job offers after graduating from the University of Texas at Dallas with Masters in Information Technology.
I interviewed her to share her journey about landing two Full-Time job offers in a span of two weeks, but it came with a cost and lot of uncertainty. Here’s a preview of her Master Class where she teaches (&shares) how she landed her second job using networking.
Landing Data Analyst Full-Time Job – Interview Preview
Want to want to watch the entire interview?
Join Video Master Class to watch the entire video interview. Along with this interview, you can get access to several other Jobs and Internship Search Video Interviews experiences shared by F-1 Visa students who landed Internship or Full-Time Jobs.
Here’s the Summary of Full Interview
The entire interview is about 45 minutes long followed by job search tips. In first 45 minutes, you can learn the following:
- How she found internship via CPT
- Why Full-Time offer from Verizon was pulled back
- How she approached Full-Time Job Search
- Timeline – CPT, Graduation, Job Search, OPT, Job Offers
- Two Job Offers:
- Offer 1 – Data Analyst – Full-time with Cap-Exempt H1B Visa Sponsoring Employer
- Offer 1 – Data Analyst – Full-time Job with Discover Financials in Illinois
- Why she Rejected Cap-Exempt H1B Visa job with similar pay
- How networking via LinkedIn landed her second job offer with Discover Financials
- How she identified and approached her Professional Networking
- What tools she learned to find a Data Analytics job
- Job Offers Timeline
- Accepting Job Offer 2 did not come without a cost and uncertainty
- Why she went with Cap-Based Employer
- How to relocate to new job location (Two states in her case)
- Job Search Tips:
- Why finding and applying for jobs is really tough for some applicants
- Why some F1 students complain about job search and what can be done
- Reader: Questions and Answers
- You said that you were preparing for interview questions as well as applying for jobs from November to January? Could you tell us a bit more about what interview preparations did you do in terms of clearing the behavioral/technical interview questions for Discover financial services?
- I’m on OPT and my 90 days about to complete within 15 days. During these days I got two interview calls (phone and skype), still waiting for fo a further response from them. What should I do next?
- Thank you for your suggestions. I got a job in Kalispell, Montana. Right now I am in Kansas City. The main concern is I am trying to find Indians in Kalispell area because that will help my accommodation, food, etc. Can you help me about this like how can I find contacts in a specific area?
If you Join Video Master Class to inspirations, and exact process used by F-1 students from are landing Full-Time direct hire jobs and Internships on CPT.