Are you wondering how this brand new H1B Visa registration tool looks?
What information is entered by the employers about the H1B Visa applicants?
Are there any checks implemented to avoid duplicates or multiple filings?
You can see for yourself from the screenshots below.
Here’s the sneak peek into the New USCIS H1B Visa Registration Tool.
1. Before You Start Your Registration (H1B Visa)
There’s a notice on the very first page about duplicate registration by the same employer.
But, here’s what I can infer from that notice.
- H1B Visa Registration tool does not check for duplicate entries
- An employer can submit up to 20 entries per submission
- It may be possible for the employer to submit multiple entries (by human error).
2. AutoSave, Notices & Start Registration
I would say the Auto-Save feature is a must, and it will save a ton of headaches if the screen were to crash.
This registration system will save millions of papers (when the H1B petitions are returned).
3. Employer Questions for H1B Registration Tools
Employer details are filled out first before the H1B Visa applicant’s details.
It’s not clear if the Employer details will be saved after the initial batch is submitted.
If an Immigration Attorney is applying for 35 applicants within the same employer, they would have to do it in two batches at the least.
Do they have to enter Employer and Authorised Representatives details twice?
4. Authorized Representative Questions
Here are the questions asked about the Authorised Representative.
This person could be an Employer or an Immigration Attorney.
- Contact Information
- Phone Number
- Email ID
If the petition is selected in the Lottery, notification should be sent via Text Message and Email. So, USCIS should be using the data from these fields to convey information.
5. H1B Visa Applicant – Add Beneficiary
Now, H1b applicant’s data can be entered here. But, before that, Add a New Beneficiary.
6. H1B Visa Applicant Details
Now, it’s time to enter the H1B Applicant details.
If I were entering this data, I would copy-paste the entries, then typing to avoid mistakes.
I’m guessing, a person responsive to enter the data will have a spreadsheet with details.
- Legal First, Middle and Last Name (checkbox for blank names)
- Advanced Degree Cap (Yes/No)
- Date of Birth
- Country of Birth
- Country of Citizenship
- Passport Number
7. Add More H1B Visa Applicants
After adding one H-1B Visa applicant, additional applicant’s can be added before submission.
8. After Adding Multiple H1B Visa Applications by Employer
In this example, USCIS has used four H1B Visa employees for Registration for the H1B Cap subject visa.
9. Summary for H1B Visa Registration Filing Fee
The total H1B Registration Fee is displayed.
$10 per registration.
In this case, $40 for four entries.
10. Authorized Representative Statement
Another step (you can read this)!
11. H1B Visa Registration Tool – Signature
Some of you might wonder, what will USCIS do if the employer did not apply after selection in the lottery.
I would think (USCIS) could ask for an explanation.
What if the employee left the company or Green Card was approved, or they decided to use the EAD.
These are legitimate reasons. I’m not sure how this will be handled.
There could be an instance where applicants applied for multiple employers and got selected with more than one employer. And Employee decided no to go ahead with one H1B Visa petition.
Would the employer reprimand the employer or employee?
12. Pay and Submit the Entries for H-1B Registration Tool
USCIS did not provide details about the payment page.
13. USCIS H1B Visa Lottery Entries Submitted
That’s it. You have been entered into the H1B Visa Registration tool.
USCIS should have implemented this Registration system when the lottery became a routine. But, you have to appreciate this new process. It’s efficient and saves so much time for the employer and the applicants. Between March 20 to 31, 2020, the employer should receive the lottery selection notification.
Video Review of H1B Visa Registration Tool
Question – If you were to design a system, what other features would you add to this H1B Visa Registration tool?