How to answer about your Future Plans during F1 Visa Interview?
Question from Ben – How can I prove them that I will back for sure, as in what should I tell during the vidsa interview?
Here is an answer from a reader that made a whole lot of sense and my comments are added below.
Answer – What Plans After Masters?
Although I was not asked for this question. But, I was prepared for it. My plans were:
- To tell him about the immovable property/assets in India.
- To drag him into my career plans. Which was to come back to India and become an IIT’s Professor (for that interview at-least ). (That makes sense because I am a pass out of IIT Kanpur and there exists a possibility in following my “words”).
- To support my plans of coming back to India, I would have supported it by saying “The current percentage of Nuclear Energy in India is 2.9-3.2%. To sustain a “green” environment, we need to improve this value (as per the US Nuclear deal etc. etc.). And, to achieve this, our country needs enough number of Nuclear Engineers and Scientists.
So, the essence is that:
- You must speak something that makes sense to him
- Something that is visible to him from your profile (related with your branch/college/economy/India)
- Be realistic. Don’t speak over-weighted words.
- And yes, as already pointed out, have confidence in yourself (my suggestion is to think that you will be definitely coming back to India after your studies. So as to develop a “virtual image” in your mind and then induce a prototype in his mind too ).
That’s my point of view. Collect a lot of answers from various internet sources. Then ask yourself “which one makes perfect sense to you, according to your profile”.
Collecting Answers from Internet
Please don’t prepare for F1 Visa interview by collecting answers from various sources.
Visa interview answers are like buying shoes that fit your foot.
You are setting yourself to fail at visa interview if you use others answers for your profile.
Please, figure out what you really want to do in your life and career.
Model your answers based on that.
Do you want to work on OPT for 1 year? Then say that.
Do you want to do Ph.D.? Then tell that.
I don’t recommend copying others answers from their F1 visa interviews and tiring to make it work.
Join the Free F1 Visa Traning to learn how to handle the tough visa interview questions.