Is Passport Required for SAT?
Answers is Yes and No. Depends on where you are goign to take the SAT Test.
According to College board
You are responsible for bringing a valid and acceptable form of identification each time you report to an SAT test center. It is your responsibility to ensure that your ID documents are up-to-date and available on the day of the test.
So, you may ask, what is considered to be acceptable form of identification to take SAT Test?
SAT Test – ID documents must:
- be issued by a governmental organization or the school which you currently attend
- be an original document — photocopied documents are not acceptable
- be valid and current — expired documents (bearing expiration dates that have passed) are not acceptable, no matter how recently they may have expired
- bear the test-taker’s full name, in roman English characters, exactly as it appears on the Admission Ticket (if the name is too long to fit on the Admission Ticket, the name on the ID need only match the part that appears on the ticket).
- bear a recent recognizable photograph that clearly matches the test-taker
- be in good condition, with clearly legible text and a clearly visible photograph
Examples of Acceptable ID for SAT
- Government-issued driver’s license or non-driver ID card
- Official school-produced student-identification card from the school you currently attend
- Government-issued passport
- Government-issued military or national identification card
- College Board’s Student ID Form, which is available from your school counselor and must be prepared by the school you currently attend
- Talent Identification Program ID or Authorization to Test form (allowed for grades seven and eight only; photo not required)
Is Passport Required for SAT in India?
Yes, to take SAT test in India, passport is Mandatory.
According to College Board
For SAT Testing in India, Ghana, Nepal, Nigeria and Pakistan – The only acceptable form of identification is a valid passport with your name, photograph and signature. There are no exceptions to this policy.
For SAT Test takers in India, make sure you register for SAT with exact name that appears in the Passport.
I have answered so many questions due to mismatch between the names used for test registration and passport.
You are responsible for ensuring that the name you used to register exactly matches the name on the ID document(s) you will present at the test center. If you need to make a change to your name after registering, please contact Customer Service well in advance of test day.
Here is a question posted by a SAT Test Taker
I’m going to take the SAT on Jan. 26 2013. So, since I do not have a passport as of now, do I need to get it made? Or is any other form of identification acceptable? And if there isn’t, how many days will it take to get a passport, given that i’m a minor (16 yr old) and an Indian citizen by birth.
You do need to apply for passport and get it before January SAT Test date.
Passport is something that can’t me made 🙂
I’m not sure how many days it would take to apply for a new passport and get one. Check with your regional passport office about Indian passport issue time.