I’ve got a serious issue. I’ve applied for Texas A&M University, College station as an Under Graduate International Freshmen and I got an e-mail about the confirmation provided with a Universal Identification Number (UIN). The problem I am facing now is, I am in a dilemma.
After I’ve applied and after a few steps, when I get to track my application, I see University: Texas A&M University, College station and Campus: Dwight College of Engineering. I don’t understand what these meant. I mean, do I need to take admission in this college namely Dwight College of Engineering or TAMU. This would seriously change my opinion and I am not at all satisfied with what I want. Please help me sort it out.
As the title of the posts says, you have to follow the hierarchy.
University can contain several campus or just one campus. Example Texas A&M system has several campuses. Example
- Texas A&M (College Station)
- Texas A&M at Corpus Christie
- Texas A&M University at Kingsville
- 8 More campus in the Texas A&M system
Within each university, there will be various colleges. Example
- College of Engineering (in your case Dwight College of Engineering)
- College of Science
- Business School
Each College (or School) there will be several departments.
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of English
Within each department, several degree programs will be offered. Example
- Bachelors in Computer Science
- Masters in Computer Science
- Masters in Computer Science and Engineering
- PhD in Computer Science
- Certificate Programs in Computer Science
- Masters in Software Engineering
Hope, this explanation clears your doubt. In India, we have a similar system, but within the college, we don’t have names to each department. I think that’s reason for this confusion.
New Comments Policy Please use the Happy Schools Forums to post your Questions. Use the Comments Section to add value or contriute to the Article, not for Q&A. Questions posted in the Comments section will be Deleted.