I’ve got a serious issue. I’ve applied for Texas A&M University, College station as an Under Graduate International Freshmen and I got an e-mail about the confirmation provided with a Universal Identification Number (UIN). The problem I am facing now is, I am in a dilemma.
After I’ve applied and after a few steps, when I get to track my application, I see University: Texas A&M University, College station and Campus: Dwight College of Engineering. I don’t understand what these meant. I mean, do I need to take admission in this college namely Dwight College of Engineering or TAMU. This would seriously change my opinion and I am not at all satisfied with what I want. Please help me sort it out.
As the title of the posts says, you have to follow the hierarchy.
University can contain several campus or just one campus. Example Texas A&M system has several campuses. Example
- Texas A&M (College Station)
- Texas A&M at Corpus Christie
- Texas A&M University at Kingsville
- 8 More campus in the Texas A&M system
Within each university, there will be various colleges. Example
- College of Engineering (in your case Dwight College of Engineering)
- College of Science
- Business School
Each College (or School) there will be several departments.
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of English
Within each department, several degree programs will be offered. Example
- Bachelors in Computer Science
- Masters in Computer Science
- Masters in Computer Science and Engineering
- PhD in Computer Science
- Certificate Programs in Computer Science
- Masters in Software Engineering
Hope, this explanation clears your doubt. In India, we have a similar system, but within the college, we don’t have names to each department. I think that’s reason for this confusion.